The Protein Bar Review




Today I ventured to The Protein Bar for lunch, a healthy eating hotspot for the hoards of DC's summer interns and professionals looking for a light lunch option on a HOT summer day. The line was long (about 20 people ahead of me), but the line moved surprisingly fast and I had my food within fifteen minutes of walking into The Protein Bar.

The Protein Bar is mainly a breakfast and lunch joint, and offers oatmeal (breakfast only), egg scrambles (breakfast only), organic juices, fruit and protein shakes, quinoa bowls, chilis, burritos, and salads. I went with the pesto spinach quinoa bowl, and absolutely fell in love with it. The bowl was filled with quinoa, spinach, pesto, and chicken, and it was the perfect lunch portion on a hot, sticky summer day. The Protein Bar also provides the calorie count for all of their entree items, which is an easy way to eat healthy and feel great about yourself after.


The bowl was reasonably priced (under $8) and was definitely worth the wait. I really hate waiting a long time for food, so the fact that the service at The Protein Bar was so speedy is a major plus for me. I will definitely be returning to The Protein Bar to try a few of their other options and to get my hands on a "Millenium Perk," which is a protein shake with chocolate protein powder, espresso protein powder, milk, and house-made cocoa malt. Their selection of raw juices is also quite impressive, but I'm not a fan of drinking my vegetables. I'll leave that to my younger sister (she just started a paleo/juice diet--good luck to her!).

Visit The Protein Bar at one of their DC locations at

1011 19th St, NW
Washington, DC 20036

or

398 7th St, NW
Washington, DC 20004


The Protein Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Gah, I love your blog! I keep hearing about this place. You would be ashamed that I have eaten at like two places in DC and I have been here for 1.5 years. Eek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This place is seriously delicious and perfect for an athlete on the go, so you should check it out. Not too pricey either which was so nice

      Delete