2Amys Review

Last summer I studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and there was this pizza place called Gusta Pizza that I fell in love with. One of my roommates showed it to me one night, and BAM it was love at first bite. Ever since I've been back I've been on the look-out for a pizza that stacks up to Gusta.

And then, thankfully, 2Amys came into my life.

2Amys is a neighborhood spot--comfy, cozy, and adorable. There is nothing commercial or fake about this restaurant--it's one of the most unpretentious and delightfully simple eateries around. The true beauty of 2Amys, though, is in their pizza. Their Neapolitan style pies are individual size (at least for someone who loves eating as much as I do), and have the ideal sauce to crust to cheese ratio. You can't ask for anything more than that. Even though you go for the pizza, try some of 2Amys small plates and cured meats while you're there (their oven-roasted olives and capicola are my favorites).


Their pies are all under $14 dollars, but I would gladly pay double for a pizza this good. They've also got a great wine collection, with over 30 glasses to choose from, ranging from $6-11.

My top 3 dishes:

1. Margherita pizza -- Mozzarella di bufala and basil make all the difference.
2. 2Amys capicola -- Try it atop a slice of their delicious bread.
3. Puttanesca pizza -- An interesting spin on a classic Italian dish.

Visit 2Amys at 3715 Macomb Street, NW
Washington, DC 20016 2Amys on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment