Surfside Review

This is my first "official" restaurant review on this blog, and I knew that I had to write about somewhere I had been to countless times and some place that I could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at, every day, for an entire month (maybe even year).

Surfside is one of my top 10 favorite restaurants in DC, hands down. Every dish I've ever eaten there has been delicious. From their guacamole to their rice bowls (the Tortola is my favorite), to their quesadillas, to their brunch (don't even get me started on how good their Buttermilk waffles are), Surfside delivers. Not only do they deliver in terms of taste, but you get a great bang for your buck. The average meal at Surfside costs around $14 dollars--an amazing bargain considering that many DC food joints charge you three times as much for food that is 1/10th as good. My only complaint about Surfside is that their cocktails can cost more than your meal, but I guess that's the price you pay for a unique collection of Island themed drinks.

The Island drinks match the beach-y vibe of Surfside, which instantly relaxes me every time I walk inside. There's also a rooftop bar and seating area which is prime real estate in the summer. Surfside also shares a parking lot with a bank behind Wisconsin Ave, and you get free parking if you get a ticket validated at the counter. In DC, free parking is priceless.

Tortola rice bowl. Picture is not my own, Copyright © Surfside, taken from their website http://www.surfsidedc.com/www/food-menu.html



My top 3 dishes:

1. Guac and Chips -- You cannot beat it. Best around.
2. Tortola Rice Bowl -- Chicken, veggies, yellow rice, and teriyaki sauce.
3. Martha's Vineyard Quesadilla -- Vegetarian quesadilla with mushrooms, beans, and spinach

Visit Surfside at 2444 Wisconsin Avenue, NW 
Washington DC, 20007

Surfside on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment