Co Co. Sala Review

I think I've liked chocolate longer than I've liked any other food. My mom raised me on homemade chocolate chip cookies, and I've been a sucker for chocolate ever since (especially dark chocolate). So when I found out that DC had a "chocolate lounge and boutique" I knew that this was my kind of place.

Co Co. Sala definitely stands up to the title of chocolate "lounge" or "boutique"--the place is chic with a capital C. This place exudes luxury and class.

I went to Co Co. Sala for brunch with my family when they were visiting me in DC, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a $26 prix fixe brunch menu. I went with the S'mores French Toast, because those are two of my favorite things in one neat little package. The S'mores French Toast tasted great for the first few bites, and then a wave of sugar hit me over the head. That's really saying something since I have the largest sweet tooth of anyone I know.


When the dessert portion of the prix fixe menu came (who gets dessert with brunch?!?) no one in my family could even look at it. We had our server box it up to take home. I'm not sure I would go back to Co Co. Sala for brunch, but I would definitely go back to try some of their bar bites (all $10 or less) as a pre-dinner snack. Overall, Co Co. Sala was pretty good, just a little too sweet.

I can't really recommend any top 3 dishes for this experience--my recommendation is to not eat brunch here and to sample their sweet treats in tapas-style portions.

Visit Co Co. Sala at 929 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004

No comments:

Post a Comment