Cathy's Bistro Food Truck Review

Lately I've been on a Korean food kick. I've got no idea why this started, but I have a feeling Cathy's had something to do with it. I found Cathy's Bistro as an intern at L'Enfant Plaza and was blown away by the flavors of the bibimbap that I ordered.


I'm just going to preface this by announcing that I had never eaten Korean food before Cathy's. I had no idea what kind of flavor profile to expect or even what kind of ingredients Korean food involved. When I walked up to the truck and saw that one of the dishes had a fried egg (one of my all-time favorite foods) I just went for it. Completely clueless as to what I was getting myself into.

My obsession with bibimbap began after my first bite of this dish. I cut right through the runny egg yolk, past the chicken, carrots, spinach, and soybean sprouts, mixing the yolk with the vegetables, chicken and rice. The combination of all of these ingredients with the spicy chili sauce on top was incredible. It was the most flavorful dish I have had in a long time, and it came out of the back of a bright yellow food truck. Go figure.

Cathy's portions are pleasantly large and the truck also offers other rice bowls and tacos with a selection of meats. You definitely get bang for your buck at this truck, and I promise that you will feel satisfied after your meal. Go hunt Cathy's down.

Find Cathy's Bistro Food Truck roaming the streets of DC during the weekdays (M-F).

No comments:

Post a Comment