SUNdeVICH Food Truck Review

When I saw that this food truck was at Farragut a few weeks ago, I was stoked. I had checked out their menu online and it looked great--gourmet sandwiches with fun, unique twists. And they served breakfast sandwiches ALL DAY. There's nothing better than a breakfast sandwich for lunch (or dinner for that matter). For lunch I got the Zurich breakfast sandwich, which is an arugula, egg, Gruyere, and apple compote sandwich.


My hopes were high and my stomach was empty. And although my standards were met (the Gruyere was folded into the eggs in a heavenly scramble), my appetite was not. The sandwich was $9 and was only about half the size of a normal sandwich. There was enough filling inside the bread for a bigger sandwich, but for some reason they decided to squeeze it inside a little bitty French baguette. The flavors were all there, I just needed a little more bread.

For my food truck reviews, I won't be doing my 3 top dishes because they have such limited menus. But I will say that you should definitely get your sandwich with a side of house-made gherkins (small baby pickles). Tangy, salty, and crunchy, they were some of the best pickles I've ever had.


Visit SUNdeVICH at 1314 9th St, NW
Washington, DC 20001


or

Hunt down their meals on wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment