Del Posto

From the minute I walked into Del Posto, I knew its Michelin Star was well deserved. Everything is pristine, every staff member is attentive, and the space looks exquisite. The color palette of the restaurant (dark maroon, golden, and brown hues) is indicative of a true fine dining experience.

The first thing I tried from Del Posto was a rum-based, tea-infused cocktail with a splash of grenadine. At first sip, the cocktail was surprisingly strong, but eventually mellowed out. The cocktail menu was very, very, expansive, so if a tea-infused rum cocktail doesn't sound good to you, there's definitely something on there that will.

In regards to food, Del Posto is a gluten-free mecca. In addition to four different bread offerings, they also provide a gluten free focaccia and two delicious butter variations. For appetizers, the best thing I tried was the house salad dressed in truffle oil. The truffle was perfectly pungent and delicious--I could smell it the minute it hit the table, and it tasted just as good as it smelled.

I ordered the gluten free garganelli verdi (a green penne-like pasta with bolognese), which was suberb. The color of the pasta against the ragu reminded me a little bit of Christmas--not that there's anything wrong with that. I was just expecting a "classic" bolognese to come with a white pasta. Regardless, it was perfectly salty, ideally al dente, and well portioned. The only complaint I have is that the dish could have used a bit more meat.




The waiter told me that Del Posto could make ANY pasta gluten free, which is unheard of, as most restaurants just have one gluten free pasta option that they plug in to various dishes. I want to go back just to indulge in a sampling of gluten free pastas.

Gluten-free dessert options were plentiful as well, but I felt like the chocolate cake with pistachio drizzle was a no-brainer.


Candied pistachios added a nice crunch, and a creamy scoop of gelato balanced everything out. I found the dish a tad small, but then the waiter came over to the table with a platter of complimentary truffles, nuts, and other bite-sized sweets, so all was forgiven.

Overall, the experience was exquisite and the dishes were one of a kind. Their Michelin Star is well deserved, and I will definitely be back to sample (several) more pasta dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment