Gluten Free Pizza at Don Antonio's

Pizza is one of those foods that, when really done right, you remember forever. The first time I had Don Antonio's gluten free pizza, I was convinced it wasn't actually gluten free. But alas, it was.


Pictures above is their gluten free pie with mozzarella and salami (the closest thing they have to pepperoni). 

First and foremost, the crust is incredible. It's chewy and crunchy without being overly crumbly or mushy. It's perfection. The mozzarella is also top notch--on this pie I had the regular mozz, but I usually go for the imported buffalo mozzarella (they were out this day). Buffalo mozzarella is a tad creamier and more flavorful, but this mozz was still excellent.

And the salami, it's even better than pepperoni. The first time I went to Don Antonio's, I was slightly outraged that they didn't have pepperoni, but that anger quickly faded. The salami crisps up better than pepperoni, and is saltier and fattier--two traits that make anything infinitely better.

The person I dined with had a regular, non-gf calzone, and they readily admitted that this gluten free pizza was better.  While I'm sure the regular pizza at Don Antonio's is magical, this was damn good for gluten free pizza.

Check it out for yourself next time you're in Hell's Kitchen at 309 W 50th St.


Don Antonio By Starita on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment