Little Beet




Little Beet & Little Beet Table have been the talk of the town lately. With Little Beet Table's opening on Park Ave South, Little Beet (its quick service counter part) has definitely benefitted from the buzz and excitement behind its sister restaurant's opening.



Little Beet is a completely gluten free, quick-serve spot in Midtown near Rockefeller Center, that dishes up fresh veggies, protein, and some killer gluten-free baked goods. I've been gluten free for over a year (for medical/allergy reasons), so any place that focuses on its gluten-free patrons has already won my heart. 


That being said, I am very honest with my reviews. And Little Beet is really incredible. My favorite thing that I've had there is the cauliflower and leek soup (above).

It is perfectly seasoned and has just the right amount of spice and heat. The soup is slightly creamy, but the flavors of the cauliflower and leek are truly the stars of the show. I used this as a dipping sauce for the other parts of my meal, in addition to licking the sides of the bowl to ensure I got every last drop of soup.

The rest of my meal consisted of charred cauliflower and grilled chicken. The chicken might have been a little overcooked for some, but I like my chicken well done. I don't appreciate mushy chicken. The chicken was delicious, but I found myself adding a bit of extra salt to really bring out all the flavors of the chicken breast.

The cauliflower was spicy, charred, and scrumptious. The Middle Eastern-ish seasoning on the cauliflower was pronounced but not overpowering. My only complaint was that I had more cauliflower and a slightly larger piece of chicken. But when your only complaint is that you want more food, I guess the restaurant is doing something right.





This is my second time at Little Beet (I've been to Little Beet Table once as well), and I have yet to be disappointed. I love how they elevated the quick service concept into something healthy, sustainable, and allergen friendly. Keep it up.


The Little Beet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment