Las Ramblas

Having spent roughly a month of my life in Spain, I consider myself somewhat of a tapas connoisseur. My time in San Sebastian, Madrid and Barcelona turned me into a lover of Spanish cuisine. So, when I went to Las Ramblas, a small Spanish tapas bar near Washington Square, I had pretty high expectations.

Las Ramblas is a bit of a hidden gem in the West Village. It's a tiny space (they could fill a space three times the size on a regular basis), but the size adds to the ambiance and authenticity. The tapas are true Spanish style tapas in both their size and contents.

My favorite dish were the patatas bravas drizzled with a garlic aioli. They had the perfect amount of sauce and spice. I probably could have eaten two plates of them, all by myself.



Another stand out dish was the Alubias Blancas con Chorizo aka white beans with Chorizo (spicy Spanish sausage). The dish was served in a casserole-like skillet, filled with white beans, chorizo, and onions. It had the perfect amount of chorizo, which was sliced thinly and dispersed throughout the dish. I am a huge chorizo lover, so this was a home run dish for me.


In addition to the patatas and chorizo dishes, we also ordered olives (which were amazing) and meatballs. I would personally rather have chorizo over meatballs at a tapas restaurant, but it's all about personal preference. I bet I would like 99% of the dishes on Las Ramblas' menu, seriously. 

If you're in the West Village and craving some small plates straight out of Spain, visit Las Ramblas.


Las Ramblas -- 170 W 4th St. New York, NY, 10014

Las Ramblas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment